by Angie Pope
If you’d asked me 10 years ago if I thought there was a path that led me out of my trauma and into happiness and growth I’d have said no. I might have believed that there was one that led to a place of contentment- where perhaps I was free of my abusers and no longer abusing myself- but happiness? No.
So to be standing here today feeling intensely happy, in love with myself, in love with my partner, having beautiful mentors and people who cheer me on, and continually growing… It’s amazing. And I am constantly grateful because I know that my past self who was scared and depressed and self injuring never expected anything more out of life. But here it is.
So, the big question then is…
How do you get from here to there?
1. Know that there’s not a one size fits all answer. Everyone will have advice and how-to’s for you on your journey. Take what feels good to you in your body, and leave the rest.
2. Small shifts in your “I am”. Both your brain and the universe are listening intently to what you say. Speak life, speak positivity, and affirm who you’re growing into. (My affirmation deck is an amazing way to start the day with that!)
3. Make time for rest and play. Yes, you CAN still be efficient while operating from rest! Ask for help if you’re not sure how to implement that in your personal life.
4. Know your why. Your why, your purpose is what keeps the fire burning. What do you want to see happening if your life? How do you want to affect the works?
5. Get in your body. Pay attention to how your body feels. Engage in movement- yoga, dance, or whatever brings you to life.
6. Watch your mental diet. Surround yourself with things that fill you up, not things that drain you. What kind of shows, news, music, and conversation are you consuming?
7. Get grounded. Connect regularly with nature. Go out in bare feet and connect with spirit.
8. Have people who support you. Invest your time and money in people who can guide you. Have friends who support you and lift you up. Hire a mentor who can help you find your path and accompany you on the journey on a 1:1 basis.
We aren’t here to be less than. We’re here to heal and grow and lift the planet into light in a massive way. This journey is yours for a reason. All you have to do is take the first step.